As part of the apprenticeship application process, you will be asked to provide a digital photograph of yourself. This is so that we can register you with the JIB and obtain your JIB ECS (Electrotechnical Certification Scheme) Card which you will need as proof of identity to access some work sites.
When undertaking your apprenticeship, you will also need to include photographs of yourself completing practical work for job reports, and to provide documentary evidence in your logbook for aspects of your work.
Registering you with the JIB
Please ensure the digital photo you send us for your JIB ECS card meets the following quality criteria:
Your photo must be:
- clear and in focus
- in colour
- unaltered by computer software
- at least 600 pixels wide and 750 pixels tall (portrait format)
- at least 50KB and no more than 10MB
- contain no other objects or people
- be taken against a plain light-coloured background
- be in clear contrast to the background
- not have ‘red eye’
- If you’re using a photo taken on your own device, include your head and shoulders.
In your photo you must:
- be facing forwards and looking straight at the camera
- have your eyes open and visible
- not have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
- not have anything covering your face
- However, unlike a passport photograph you can smile if you wish to!
Please note: If your apprenticeship is funded by the Welsh Government, we need your consent to issue the Welsh version of your JIB card. We also need your consent to use and share with applicable parties any other images of you that are used to document evidence of your work during your apprenticeship.
Please can you (and your parent or guardian if you are under the age of 18) complete our Learner Consent Form before you start as an apprentice. You can and download one by logging into your JTL account. Once you have completed the form, please upload it to your JTL account.