Ten recently completed JTL learners from across England and Wales have been chosen as this year’s JTL Regional Award winners. The award scheme, which is now in its sixth year, sees each finalist assessed against four key elements which make up the apprenticeship framework – their practical work onsite, theoretical knowledge, key skills and industrial test scores.
Due to the on-going Covid-19 pandemic, the usual celebratory events for JTL’s Regional Award Winners could not take place. Instead, JTL’s Regional Business Managers have formally presented the winners with their awards at socially distanced photo calls.
The names of the winners, their respective employers and training officers are:
- Yorkshire & North East (Electrical) – James McCarthy (Integral UK Ltd) – Training Officer Ian Hay
- North West (Electrical) – Nathan Pryce (JET Electrical) – Training Officer Anthony Lett
- North West (MES) – Harrie Nixon-Jones (Stanley Roberts Ltd) – Training Officer Stuart Lord
- Wales (MES) – Ryan Payne (Redrow) – Training Officer Mark Hale
- Midlands (Electrical) – Jack Rochester (formerly with Narborough Electrical Contractors Ltd) – Training Officer Nick Bottomley
- Midlands (MES) – Joseph Daley (Ryan Daley Plumbing & Heating) – Training Officer Paul Walton
- South West (Electrical) – Oliver Parry (EMCOR UK) – Training Officer Dan Hatton
- London (MES) – Matthew Bilding (J F & H Dowds Ltd) – Training Officer Chris Watkins
- London (Eng. Maintenance/Electrical) – Harry Redman (formerly with Optimum Group Services PLC) – Training Officer Kevin Cleverley
- South East (Electrical) – Thomas Shippam (Muranda Electrical Ltd) -Training Officer Chris Latham
Each Regional Award Winner received an engraved glass trophy and £100 in prize money. In addition, they each qualify as finalists for the JTL National Awards 2021.
The judging of the finalists for the JTL National Awards has already taken place via MS Teams on 25th & 26th May. The three JTL National Award winners will be officially announced at the Awards ceremony taking place in London on 2nd September.